Every component, device or interface has got a unique hardware ID which is known as MAC (Media Access Control) address. This MAC address can be find easily for your network card in Windows 10 wit just few simple steps. MAC address which is also known as hardware address or physical address is necessary to be known in order to setup various hardware components. Like if you are setting up your router you can easily use MAC address filtering in order to specify the devices which are allowed to connect to the network. You can find the MAC address in through command prompt or through settings details of your network adapter in Windows 10. You can also learn How to Activate Parental Controls in Windows 10.
Finding MAC Address with Command Prompt
Finding MAC address through command prompt is safely the quickest way and how can the address be found has been listed below.
- 1st of all you need to open the Command Prompt. For this you have to right click on Start button and the select Command prompt from the menu.
- Once the Command prompt is open you need to type in ipconfig /all and then you need to press Enter. By pressing enter network configuration will be displayed.
- Now find the physical address of the adapter. For this you need to scroll down to the network adapter and look for values next to Physical Address and these values will be your MAC address.
Finding MAC Address in Network Connection Settings
- You can also find MAC address from Network Connection Settings and for that you need to follow these steps.
- 1St of all you need to search “Network Connections” in the taskbar and then select “View network connections”. (Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections)
- Now in the next step you need to right click on your network connection and then select Status.
- After this you need to click on Details button.
- Now you need to locate the Physical Address. The value of the Physical Address in Network Connection Details window is actually your MAC address.