In MS Word when you are working with longer documents it will be very a laborious and very difficult activity to find a specific word. Luckily MS Word has got a Find feature which will let you find any specific word or phrase in a fraction of a second. You can also replace any word to any other word with the help of a Replace feature. You can also learn about Formatting of Text in MS Word 2016.
Finding text in MS Word 2016
In order to find the text in a document you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to go to the Home tab where you need to click on Find command (Press Ctrl+F from your keyboard).
- After this navigation pane will appear on the left side of the interface.
- Now you need to type in text which you want to find in the field located at the top of the navigation pane.
- If there is a text in the document that has been typed will be highlighted in yellow and the preview if the results will appear in the navigation pane.
- When you are done just click the X for closing the navigation pane and the highlight will disappear.
Replacing Text in MS Word 2016
In order to replace text in MS Word 2016 you are required to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to go to Home tab and then click on the replace command. (Press Ctrl+H from your keyboard)
- After this Find and Replace dialog box will appear.
- Now you have to type the text which you want to find and replace in the Find what: field.
- In the next step you have to type the text which you want to replace in Replace with: field.
- Once you have typed in the fields of Find what and Replace with then you have to click on Replace All.
- This will replace all the words with the one you have chosen.