With Windows 10 Anniversary Updtae Cortana feature has been made available from the lock screen. Now you can use Cortana feature without logging in to your account and can check latest news and weather reports. You can also set reminder which will sync with your phone. You can easily add Cortana on the lock screen resulting in enhanced security. With Cortana on the locked screen you can add different events to the calendars and also can send Emails. Cortana or assistant can be accessed by saying Hey Cortana or by tapping a dot on the display. You can also learn How to Uninstall any Program in Windows 10. In order to enable or disable Cortana access on your lock screen you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the Ask me anything field.
- Now select the Gear icon.
- In the next step you need to turn Lock Screen ON or OFF.
- Now check “Let Cortana access my calnedar, email….” if you want the digital assistant to be able the send emails or send SMS messgaes from the lock screen.
- Now in the next step you need to Enable Hey Cortana if you need to launch Cortana from the lock screen with your voice.
Enabling Tappable Cortana on Lock Screen
Now if you are looking to enable tappable Cortana on lock screen you have to follow these steps.
1st of all you need to select Ask me anything field.
- Now in the next stage you need to select the Gear icon.
- Now turn “Hey Cortana” ON or OFF.
- Now click on Lock Screen settings.
- Click on Windows spotlight.
- Now select Picture or Slideshow.
- With this last step you will enable tappable Cortana on the lock screen.