Images that are taken from the digital camera aren’t always perfect and you can fix all the problems by using Photoshop. Wit Adobe Photoshop you can use many corrections for making the images dramatically better. In this tutorial we will cover Levels and Curves corrections. All the images has got a mix of shadows, midtones and highlights. Shadows are the darkest parts of the image and highlights are the brightest part of an image. Midtones are everything which lies in between shadows and highlights. You can also learn How to Save a File in Photoshop.
- 1st of all you need to go to the Layers panel and add Level Adjustment layer.
- Now locate the graph in the middle of the Properties panel This is known as Histogram and it shows the information about the shadows, midtones and highlights of the images.
- You will notice Input Level Slider which are located just below the histogram. With these level sliders you will adjust the levels.
- If the image is dark click and drag the white slider to the left side.
- If your image is too bright then you can click and drag the black slider to the right side.
Adjusting Curves in an Image:
In order to adjust the curves in an image you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to add a Curves Adjustment layer.
- Now click anywhere on the line in the properties panel for creating a new point.
- Now click and drag the point for adjusting the curve.
- Continue to adjust the point until you are satisfied with it.